Skip to main content

About your Search

WHUT (Howard University Television) 4
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)
Nov 10, 2013 8:30am EST
in their decision making. >> washington has become a place driven by money and power. and the poor don't have money by definition, and they don't have a lot of power. the idea that if you have to cut $40 billion from the agriculture budget, you would cut all $40 billion for food stamps and nothing from affluent cotton farmers or rice farmers. cooperate they go without so mothers could feed their family? so it's not a close call. >> what is not a close call is the growing income gap separating the wealthy from the rest. >> the disparity between the wealthiest 1% and the other 99% is wider in the u.s. than any other developed country. for instance, the richest 400 individuals own more wealth than the bottom 150 million. economists say that's one reason the american dream is beyond the reach of so many americans. >> so essentially, although we've seen productivity rise dramatically over the last two decades, workers' wages have been flat. if you look at that graph about when productivity and wages separated, what else happened at that time? union membership plummeted. unions were a great equalizing in
Nov 6, 2013 8:30am EST
component of an overall review of an offender. you don't ever want to rely on any one system. >> we have to be very, very careful how we use this information. which again, is not to say that we might not be able to use this information well. but to use it poorly is so dangerous. >> adrian raine is a perfect example of how far neuroscience has come and how far it has yet to go before it is a reliable predictor. he says he has some of the same bio markers of a serial killer and yet he grew up to be a neurocriminologist. for "religion and ethics news weekly," i'm lucky severson in philadelphia. >>> in other news, as european allies continue to lodge protests over alleged national security agency eavesdropping on international leaders, an italian news magazine reported that the u.s. had also spied on communications from the vatican. without citing sources, the publication said u.s. spying on the vatican included the guesthouse where cardinals stayed before the conclave that elected pope francis. the nsa denied that. the vatican spokesman said, "in any case, we don't have any concerns." >>> m
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)